Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Jean Fritz

Jean Guttery Fritz is well known for writing American biography and history. When I started reading Alexander Hamilton: The Outsider my eyes opened and I started to really enjoy historical books. I also like her just as much for her historical fiction. As for her biographies well......I'm not a huge fan of them. To be brutally honest I think they're boring. Though I thought they were the best biographies I've found. So if you happen to like biographies I think you would really appreciate them.

Jean Fritz parents where missionaries to Hankow, China. She lived in China until she was twelve. Growing up she went to a British school where she kept a diary of her life in China. She then went to college and got married to Michael Fritz. They later had a son David and a daughter Andrea.

Her first historical novel was The Cabin Faced West (Published in 1958.) In 1986 she received the Laura Ingalls Wilder Award for her books. Other titles she has written are: Alexander Hamilton: The Outsider, What's the Big Idea Ben Franklin, Do you want Women to Vote Lizze Stanton, and much much more.

All the titles I've read that Jean Fritz has written have been very appropriate and did not put up any stumbling blocks for me. I have enjoyed Jean Fritz for a long time and I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment